Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Pujols Should Cost $300 Million


Back when I had time to play video games, I would have fun with Baseball Mogul 2005, a free one-player GM simulation. You could start the game with players on 2004 MLB rosters or choose "shuffle players" to mix it up. The best way to ensure sucess in your first season is to trade for Albert Pujols, signed for six years at a way-below-market $2.2 million. The players shuffled onto the free agent wire always change. When Pujols is there, he's worth $25 million a year.

Over at the website for The Book, they estimate that if Albert Pujols were a free agent in today's market, he'd be worth $300 million over 8 years. In related news, if Alex Rodriguez hit free agency today, the Dodgers would still have signed Juan Pierre.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! I totally love Baseball Mogul too. I play Baseball Mogul 2007 these days that Baseball Mogul 2006 is now also free:

http://www.sportsmogul.com/baseball2k6/index.htm

Hard to argue with the price. ;)

Scott D. Simon said...

Heh, I didn't even know the 2006 version was free now. Like I wrote, I wish I had time to play!

KingMoJo said...

We feel good to be able to read the content with the details พนันบอลออนไลน์ that we want to fit and can also be used in everyday life.